It’s effectiveness is multiplied through the training of mentors and carers of youth, using numerous therapy modality principles towards successful client-based outcomes.
This paradigm focuses on integrating values through action-based learning.
The VITAL Story
Initially we ran programs ourselves with young people, and as we saw the results and the way lives and communities were being changed – we wanted to help others use our paradigm too. That’s when we began to train others. Something we learned early on is that the mentors and carers of youth – including school’s workers, youth leaders, teachers, sports coaches and more – don’t just need a another booklet or program to store on their bookshelves. No, they need to experience the VITAL paradigm themselves, to truly understand how it works and how to use it to unleash people’s potential in their own settings. Our training is based on what we teach – learning through action!
We do this through a developed counter-intuitive paradigm which quickly creates emotionally-safe environments and provides the developmental opportunities for growth in potential; enhancing individual and class groups towards becoming productive members of their communities.
Our Objectives This is how we achieve our mission.
- Mentoring young people in the positive development of values and life skills such as: self image/worth, consideration of others, taking responsibility, conflict management, forgiveness, and overcoming fear and insecurities.
- To foster a healthy peer group culture through positive small group interactions and challenging activities.
- Facilitating opportunities for young people to develop healthy, positive relationships with mature caring adult models (mentors).
- To train and engage responsible volunteer, part time and full time staff in the facilitation and mentoring of young people.
- Long term concern for young people.
- Offer fun, entertainment and appropriate responsibility.
- We do the above using action-based learning principles.
We are a community funded, charitable not-for-profit organisation having an international impact by influencing both ‘youth at risk’ and their leaders. Our organisation is headed by a Board of Directors and Management team, and we rely on an amazing team of volunteers too. You can meet our team over here!
- No Limits and UnLimited Programs – Highly successful middle and high school programs in group behaviour development, where students develop towards being productive members of their communities who reach their full potential in life.
- VITAL Training Paradigm Programs – Have a quantum leap in your group work skills for more effective outcomes with – Accelerated Leadership, the Disadvantaged, the Anti-social or the ‘At Risk’ young and not-so-young. These are five and seven day residential training programs for adults who work with young people. Learn the extremely successful paradigm of ‘Beyond Rules, Beyond Lectures and Beyond Fear‘. These are life attitude changing experiences with 100% positive feedback.
- VITAL Professional Development Courses – These are flexibly structured to suit your needs. Running from just 90 minute workshops up to 2-day courses these action-based sessions have a very high integration factor. Facilitators use all four learning styles to ensure the outcomes are more than just information but the knowledge has penetrated your attitude, values and behaviour. Our PD courses are suitable for teachers needing to fulfil their APST requirements or for Business Professionals wanting to enhance their culture and influence in the workplace.